Always prioritize the needs of your target audience.
Without knowing your audience and their skills and goals, you can't create useful content for them. Offer content that is easily accessible and leads your readers to your products if it is beneficial to you. Above all, you need to make sure that your customers can achieve great things with your products - by expanding their knowledge about them. Ideally, your audience will talk about these experiences directly on your website. This can also lead to great references for other customers. Always have an open ear, especially for criticism.
Formulate your texts in such a way that they are easy for your target audience to understand:
- Consider the background knowledge of the target audience, such as knowledge in handling the computer, the Internet or special technical knowledge.
- Consider the language competence of the target audience. Avoid, for example, foreign and technical terms that the target audience would not be familiar with.
- Use examples that are appropriate for the target audience.
- Consider the expectations, interests and needs of the target audience with regard to the product or the manual.
- If necessary, also consider the target audience's fear of contact with the product.
- Consider other factors such as age, reading habits or cultural factors.