Selling and advertising on your website is totally ok. It is important that your readers always know what they are getting into - it is about building and maintaining trust.
In your Ethics Statement, clarify the conditions under which you test, select, and prescribe the rules under which you and your team work. You can also enter this information in the statement, but also for sponsored articles, for example:
- Who are your cooperation partners?
- test conditions
- Specifications by cooperation partners - if they are not subject to a NDA
- Release embargo, specifications for other content
- Are they sponsored items?
- What kind of sponsorship?
- Explicitly label advertising
Example: This is what a short ethics statement by Martin Wolfert looks like: