Learn how to install the VMWare Tools and how to allow Remote Desktop connections after you have installed the ISO image.
- You have already installed Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012.
- During the installation, you have selected the option Full Installation (Windows Server 2008) or Server with a GUI (Windows 2012).
- You are in the Cloud Panel, section Infrastructure > Servers.
The VMware Tools is a set of utilities that you can install into the server's operating system. Install the VMware Tools to ensure the proper operation of your server.
To install the VMWare Tools:
- Activate the desired server.
- Click DVD Drive.
- In the Applications tab, select the VMWare Tools Windows DVD.
- Click Load DVD.
- Click Actions > Start KVM Console. The KVM console opens in a new tab.
- Click Send Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Log in to the server as an administrator.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Double-click the DVD drive.
- To start the installation, double-click the desired version of the VMWare Tools. The VMWare Tools are available as a 32-bit and a 64-bit version.
- Click Next.
- Select the Typical type of installation.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish. The VMware Tools have been installed.
- Restart your server.
The Remote Desktop Connection is pre-installed on all Windows systems and allows direct access to the server's desktop interface.
To allow Remote Desktop connections:
- Click Control Panel > System and Security > System > Remote Settings.
- Activate in the Remote tab the Allow remote connections to this computer option.
- If you establish the connection to the Cloud Server with a computer running Windows 7 or higher, then activate the following option: Windows Server 2008: Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (more secure) Windows Server 2012: Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
- Click Go.