Learn how to do a Plesk-to-Plesk website migration. This is an easy and convenient way to migrate a website from one server to another, when both servers are using Plesk.
This process will migrate:
- Reseller and customer accounts, as well as their subscriptions, and all the associated domains, add-on domains, subdomains, and domain aliases.
- All the corresponding settings.
- Hosted content, including databases, mail, and website content.
This process will not migrate:
- Server-wide Plesk settings.
- DNS information. The DNS for the domain(s) will need to be changed to point to the new server.
More details about migrating a website with Plesk, including how to migrate from the command line, can be found in the official Plesk documentation.
- New server: Cloud Server with Plesk Onyx.
- Old server: Must be using one of the following:
- Plesk for Linux and Plesk for Windows 8.6 and later
- cPanel 11.5
- Confixx 3.3
- Helm 3.2
- Plesk Expand 2.3.2
- Parallels Pro Control Panel for Linux 10.3.6
This tutorial uses the Power User view. You can change the Plesk view by clicking Change View at the bottom of the column on the left.
If you have a firewall, you will need to allow access to the following ports on the old server:
For more information about using a firewall on a Cloud Server, consult our documentation on the topic.
Install the Plesk Migrator on the New Plesk Server
Log in to Plesk on the new server and go to Tools & Settings.
Go to Updates & Upgrades.
Go to Add/Remove Components.
Click the drop-down icon for Plesk Migrator then select Install.
Click Continue to complete the installation.
Prepare the Migration
On the new server, go to Extensions.
Click Plesk Migrator.
Click Start a New Migration.
Select the type of panel running on the old server.
Fill in the IP address of the old server.
Fill in the root login information for the old server.
Fill in the temp directory on the old server where the temporary migration data (such as database dump files) will be stored.
Click Prepare migration.
The Migrator will pull the information from the old server. If this process fails, verify that the following information is correct for logging in to the old server as the administrator/root account:
- IP address
- Firewall access
Complete the Migration
After the migration is prepared, you will be directed to the List of subscriptions tab on the migration options page.
This is where you will select the data to be migrated. Choose whether to migrate by Subscription, Customer, Reseller, or Hosting Plan.
Select the domain, customer, reseller, or hosting plan to be migrated.
Select which content you wish to migrate.
Click Migrate to complete the process.