This article explains how to set up DKIM and SPF email authentication so that your newsletters are not detected as spam.
Determining the Necessary Values for Creating the CNAME and SPF Records
- Log in to your MailChimp account on the http://mailchimp.com page.
- Click your profile name in the menu bar at the top right. Then, select Profile.
- Click Settings and then Verified Domains.
- Click the link View setup instructions.
- Take note of the information that is necessary for configuring the CNAME record and creating the SPF record.
Configuring the CNAME Record
Configure a CNAME record for the subdomain with the name k1._domainkey. Click here for more information about creating a CNAME record for a host name that begins with an underscore.
Creating an SPF Record
Create an SPF record containing the value you wrote down. Click here for more information about creating an SPF record.