With Domain Guard, you can protect the contact data and name server settings of your domain from changes by unauthorized persons.
- To be able to use the feature described here, your contract must have the optional Domain Guard extension. You can add Domain Guard at any time.
- Log in to IONOS.
- Select the Domains & SSL category.
- Click on the grey shield symbol in the Protection column next to the domain you want to secure.
- Enter the email address required for confirmation in the fields provided.
- If the automatic renewal of the registration for your domain is not active, you must agree to its activation by ticking the appropriate box.
- Click Request email confirmation. The confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided.
- To complete the activation of Domain Guard, you must confirm the process via the email received. Please follow the instructions contained in the email.
Without your confirmation, Domain Guard will remain deactivated.
- The email address used for activation is also required for deactivating Domain Guard. For this reason, we recommend that you do not use a temporary email address.
- For security reasons, use an email address that only you have access to and avoid email addresses that you manage in this account, as well as general company email addresses such as info@ or contact@.
- For security reasons, confirmation is only possible within 24 hours. Once the deadline has passed, the email must be requested again.
- As long as the activation has not yet been finally confirmed, you can have the email sent to another address at any time. The previous email will automatically become invalid.
- The automatic renewal of your domain must be active in order to prevent the domain from unintentionally expiring when activated and thus being deleted.