In this article, we explain how to manually set up your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account in Microsoft Outlook. You should only perform the manual installation if the automatic setup option using the Outlook Configurator causes any errors.
- An active Microsoft Exchange 2013 account
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack (SP) 3 with November 2012 Cumulative Update, Outlook 2010 SP1 with November 2012 Cumulative Update, or Outlook 2013 Cumulative Update
This compatibility overview for Microsoft Exchange 2013 by 1&1 IONOS shows you which Outlook version is right for your PC.
- Download the Outlook Configurator from the XAdmin section of your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account. You can find the download under the menu item Outlook.
- You receive the Outlook Configurator as an EXE file. To start the Configurator, double-click on the file.
- In the window that opens, enter the e-mail address that you associated with the Microsoft Exchange 2013 account, select
Manual Configuration, and then click Next. You will now receive a success message and can simply close the program.
- In Windows, open the Control Panel. Under User Accounts, click Mail (32-bit).
- Click Show Profiles.
- Choose Add and enter any name for your account profile. This information is only used to better identify the profile in later use. Confirm the entry with OK. In the window below, click OK as well.
- Check the box for server settings or manually configure additional server types. Then click Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
- Enter the following information:
- Microsoft Exchange Server: winhexbeus1
- Username: The e-mail address associated with your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account.
- Choose More settings.
- If you receive the error message The action cannot be completed, click OK and in the next window click Cancel. Otherwise
go directly to the next step.
- Select the Connection tab and tick the Connect to Microsoft Exchange via HTTP checkbox, and then click Exchange proxy settings.
- Enter the necessary connection and proxy authentication settings here. Then click OK
- Use this URL to connect to the Exchange proxy server: 1.exchange.1and1.us
- Use SSL only for connection: Check
- Only connect to proxy servers whose certificate contains the following principal name: Check mark; msstd:1.exchange.1and1.us
- For fast networks first establish a connection via HTTP, then via TCP/IP: Check mark
- For slow networks first establish a connection via HTTP, then via TCP/IP: Check mark
- Use this authentication for the connection with the Exchange proxy server: NTLM authentication
- Confirm the next window with OK and finally go to Finish.
The next time you start Outlook, you will be asked for your user name and password. Simply enter the email address associated with your account and the password you used when you activated your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account. Outlook will then load your data for the first time.