Microsoft Outlook versions 2016 and later no longer support manual setup of Exchange mailboxes. We therefore recommend that you use the autodiscover function for configuration.
In Exceptional cases, such as if the Autodiscover option is not available for your domain, you can also set up your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account in Microsoft Outlook 2016/2019 using the Outlook Configurator.
- An active Microsoft Exchange 2013 account
- Microsoft Outlook 2016/2019
To configure Outlook 2016/2019 using the autodiscover feature:
Open the Windows Control Panel.
Click Mail (32-bit).
Click Show Profiles.
Now enter a name of your choice for your account profile. This information only serves to identify the profile better in later use. Confirm the entry with OK. In the window below, click on OK as well.
Enter the following data in the appropriate fields:
- Your name
- The email address of your Microsoft Exchange 2013 account
- Your Microsoft Exchange 2013 password
You will be prompted to authorize Autodiscover to set up Outlook on your behalf. Click Allow.
Enter your password.
Optional: Enable the Save login information option.
Click on OK.
Click on Finish.
Done! Your Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Microsoft Exchange 2019 is now set up and ready for use. Click OK to complete the setup process.
If the above instructions do not work, please follow the instructions below:
Alternative Configuration of Outlook 2016/2019 using the Outlook Configurator
- Download the Outlook Configurator in the Microsoft Exchange 2013 management tool by logging in with your account. You will find the download under the Outlook Configuration section by clicking the Downloads & Configuration button.
- You will receive the Outlook Configurator as an EXE file. To start the Configurator, please double-click on the file.
In the window that opens, enter the Microsoft Exchange 2013 email address. Select Manual configuration and click Next.
A success message is displayed. Now close the program.
Open the Windows Control Panel. Then double-click Mail (32-bit).
Click View Profiles.
Choose Add. Now enter any name for your account profile. This information is only used to help identify the profile for later use. Confirm the entry with OK. In the window below, click OK as well.
Enter the desired display name, your Exchange email address and the password and click Next.
Confirm the autodiscover message and tick the box to no longer ask for the server.
Now, Outlook fetches the appropriate data from the server and sets up the mailbox. This process can take up to 10 minutes in uncommon cases.