By activating the SSL encryption for your email account in Outlook, you ensure that emails being sent from or received to your account are protected. Simply follow the steps below.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2016,
- Click on File and select the Account Settings > Account Settings... menu item.
- Select the email address you are modifying and click on Change...
- Click More Settings.
- Depending on whether you set up the email account as an IMAP or POP account, apply the settings below in the Advanced tab.
- Complete the process with OK followed by Next.
IMAP Server Settings
|Setting||Server Port Number||Connection Type|
|Incoming Mail Server (IMAP)||993||SSL|
|Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)||587||TLS|
If using the setting TLS with port 587 for the outgoing mail server (SMTP) does not work for you, please change the SMTP connection type to SSL, enter 465 as the port number, and try sending again.