For Linux or Windows Web Hosting Packages and Managed Dedicated Servers
In this article, we'll show you how to insert a backup file into your MySQL database.
- Log in to IONOS.
- In the My Products menu, select the Hosting tile and, if necessary, select the appropriate contract.
- Click the Manage button in the Databases tile.
- Next to the desired database, click the Open link in the phpMyAdmin column.
- Click on the database name (Example: db123456789) in the left side menu.
Please Note: This step is necessary to make sure the database is the target for the data import.
- Go to the Import tab.
- Click Choose File to select the backup file you are importing.
- Specify the desired import settings:
- The default character set of the file setting is UTF-8, and since almost every current application now supports this format, you typically don't need to change this.
- The format must match that of your data file. The default setting is SQL.
- The other settings can usually be kept in their default values.
- Click Go to start the import.
Your backup file will now begin importing. This process should only take a few moments but can take longer depending on the size of the file imported.