The text on this page was translated by translation software. A revised version from our editors will be available soon.
You want even more flexibility for your application? Then you can easily switch from Managed or Safe Mode to a standard application at any time. Your contents and settings are retained.
- You need a standard application if, for example, you want to install any external plug-ins or make changes to the code.
- After the change you are responsible for updating your application yourself! However, we will continue to inform you about updates and security patches for WordPress.
Please note: It is not possible to switch back to Managed or Safe Mode after changing to Standard!
Log in to 1&1 IONOS and select the relevant contract.
In the Hosting section, click App Center.
Each installed application is displayed in App Center. Here you have the choice between a domain with SSL or without SSL.
- Green lock: SSL encryption is active.
- Red lock: SSL encryption is not active.
In the overview for your application, click Switch to default.
- In the installation settings, enter a name for the application overview in the App Center and select an existing domain or subdomain. Alternatively, you can create a new subdomain.
- In the application settings, enter a user name (administrator), a secure password, an email address, a name for the website, and select a language.
Once you have filled in all the fields, continue with Continue.
Since the change requires a move of the application data stored in our system database into your contract, we still need some information from you to create the database required for this.
The easiest way to do this is to create a new database. Enter a description text (this will be displayed later as information in the database overview in the 1&1 IONOS) and select a secure password.
If you want to use an existing database instead, select Existing Database.
Please note: The table prefix cannot be changed and is for your information only. This does not restrict the function of your application.
Click Continue to continue
Click Continue to continue
Specify the directory in which the required files are to be saved. The system proposes a directory. Then click Continue again.
Before we make the change, you will receive a summary of your settings. Check them and select Change mode.
Now you can read the current status from the progress bar. As soon as you see a smiley there, the change is complete. In the tile for your web project you should now also see the suffix "Standard".
Please note: You can find your FTP connection data in the 1&1 IONOS. Log into your 1&1 IONOS and select the desired contract if necessary. Then click Hosting and Secure FTP Access. Manage secure FTP access