The IONOS WP Assistant allows you to get started quickly with WordPress using selected themes and plugins. We will show you step by step how to set up Managed WordPress.
- Log in to the admin area of your WordPress installation. You will get directly to the login page by adding the suffix /wp-login/ to your domain name (e.g. http://example.com/wp-login).
- When you log in for the first time, the wizard will start automatically, but to restart the wizard later, you can simply click Assistant in the dashboard header.
- Select the desired website type on the left, such as blog, and the WP Assistant offers an optimized selection of themes and plugins for that specific website type. You can always choose a different website type later.
- Select the desired design by clicking on Install in the corresponding tile, and the assistant will install the design together with a pre-selection of plug-ins. The Customizer will then open automatically, allowing you to edit various design specific settings.
- Once you have made all of the desired changes, use the Publish button to either publish the content immediately, save a draft to continue working on later, or schedule the changes to be published at a later time.
- To return to the dashboard, click on the X at the top-right corner of the screen. You can access the customizer later via the dashboard under Appearance > Customize.