In this article, we'll show you how to quickly and easily change the contact details for your IONOS account, such as your address, telephone number, or email address.
- It is not possible to switch from a business customer to a private customer or vice versa.
- All contracts/packages under the Customer ID will be rewritten with the new contact details.
- To change the country saved in your address details, please Contact IONOS Customer Service.
- Log in to your IONOS account and click on the My Account tile.
- Click on the Your customer data section.
- Click Edit next to the section you wish to change.
- Update your contact details and click Save.
Impact on Domain Contact Data
Changing your account's contact details has no effect on your domain contact data, such as your domain owner/registrant (Reg-C) data. If applicable, you will need to change these domain details yourself in the domain settings.
For more information on how to do this, please see the following article:
Make sure that you also notify the corresponding registries about these changes where it is necessary to do so. Some prominent examples include EURid (.eu domains) and NIC.AT (.at domains), which require this extra step.
For generic top-level domains (such as .com, .net, .org, as well as all new domain extensions like .berlin, .store, etc.), you must additionally update the domain contact details through the domain administration section of your IONOS account if the updated contact detail changes are also relevant to the domains' registrations.
Changing Contact Details in Case of the Death of the Account Owner
If the previous owner has passed away and you cannot change the contact details of the account and/or domains yourself, please Contact IONOS Customer Service.
Didn't find the help you need in this guide or need assistance with something else?