For 1&1 IONOS Web Hosting, Dedicated Hosting (Managed), and WordPress Hosting Packages
With the help of a Google Sitemap, you can ensure that your website is included in the index of the Google search engine in a structured way. This service is free of charge and ensures better search results for your website.
With 1&1 IONOS MyWebsite, Google Sitemaps are created and updated automatically. Therefore, the settings described here do not apply and cannot be entered.
- You have registered your domain with 1&1 IONOS. Domains with an external registration are not supported.
- The domain and website are in the same contract.
- Open the Hosting pane and under More Features, click Google® Webmaster Tools.
- Select the desired domain.
- Click Create or Update Sitemap.
- Optional: Select Custom if you want to control which pages and files on your site are included in the Google Index and searchable.
- Click OK.
Your Google Sitemap will be created and registered with Google. This process takes a few minutes. We will inform you by email about the completion.