For IONOS Web Hosting, Dedicated Hosting (Managed), and WordPress Hosting Packages
With the help of a Google Sitemap, you can ensure that your website is included in the index of the Google search engine in a structured way. This service is free of charge and ensures better search results for your website.
With IONOS MyWebsite, Google Sitemaps are created and updated automatically. Therefore, the settings described here do not apply and cannot be entered.
- You have registered your domain with IONOS. Domains with an external registration are not supported.
- The domain and website are in the same contract.
- Open the Hosting pane and under More Features, click Google® Webmaster Tools.
- Select the desired domain.
- Click Create or Update Sitemap.
- Optional: Select Custom if you want to control which pages and files on your site are included in the Google Index and searchable.
- Click OK.
Your Google Sitemap will be created and registered with Google. This process takes a few minutes. We will inform you by email about the completion.