In this article you will learn how to secure a Plesk-managed website with an SSL certificate.
To set up an SSL certificate in Plesk, you need to add the SSL certificate to the domain and connect the website to your certificate.
You have the private key, the SSL certificate (public key), and the intermediate certificate. Downloading the SSL Certificate and Intermediate Certificate
You have finished setting up your domain in Plesk.
You have enabled the Power User view in Plesk.
Click on Domains in the navigation bar on the left.
Click on the desired domain.
Click on SSL/TLS Certificates.
The SSL/TLS Certificate for [domain name] page is displayed.
- At the bottom of the page click on Manage, where Download or Remove existing Certificates is written.
- Click on Add SSL/TLS Certificate
The Add SSL/TLS Certificate page is displayed.
- Give the certificate a name.
- Go to the Upload Certificate Files section and select the files for the Private Key, Certificate and CA Certificate (in this case the Intermediate Certificate) from your computer.
- Click on Upload Certificate.
- Click on Hosting Settings
Go to the Security section and make the following adjustments:
Activate SSL/TLS support.
Activate the option Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS.
In the Certificate area, select your SSL certificate.
Your website is now accessible at https://yourdomain.tld.