You can change a firewall policy at any time. To change a firewall policy, proceed as follows:
On the left, click Network > Firewall Policies.
Activate the desired firewall.
In the Configuration section you can create the firewall rules.
To manually adjust a firewall rule, click next to the rule to be adjusted. Then adjust the configuration:
Individual Firewall Rule
- Permitted IP: Enter the IP address which you want to be allowed access. Alternatively, you can enter a desired IP address range in the following format: 126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52
- Protocol: Select the desired protocol.
- Port(s): Enter the desired port. Alternatively, you can enter a single port range or multiple ports. To create a rule for a port range, enter the lower and upper range values. Separate these values with a hyphen. Example: 4000-5000. To create a separate firewall rule for each port, separate these with a comma.
- Description: Enter a description for the firewall rule.
Predefined Firewall Rule
To add a predefined firewall rule, click Add Predefined Values. Then select the rule you want and adjust it manually if necessary. Some of the available rules are listed below:
- Block all ports: Blocks all incoming ports on the server.
Open all ports: Opens all incoming ports on the server.
HTTP: Opens port 80 for incoming requests.
HTTPS: Opens port 443 for incoming requests.
POP3 SSL: Opens port 995 for incoming requests.
IMAP4 SSL: Opens port 993 for incoming requests.
To save the change, click .
To delete a firewall rule, click .
To add a new firewall rule, enter the desired values in the last row of the table. To save the firewall rule, click .
To reset a new firewall rule, click .
In the Assigned IP section, you can assign different servers to the firewall policy.
All servers that have not been assigned to a firewall policy are displayed.
Select one or more servers and click Apply Changes.
The firewall policy will be configured. This process may take several minutes.