Use menus to guide visitors to your MyWebsite Now project through your website. This article explains how to create navigation for your online project.
Opening the MyWebsite Now editor
- Log in to your IONOS account.
- Click on the Websites & Stores tile. If you have multiple website contracts, click Manage Website in the appropriate tile.
- In the tile with the name of your online project, click the Open MyWebsite Now button. You will find this tile on the right side of the browser window. The Presence Suite for this project opens.
- In the Presence Suite menu bar, select Website Editor. MyWebsite Now opens in a new window.
Setting and Creating the Navigation
The navigation elements (menu) in your online project are defined by the MyWebsite Now pages you have created. Each page creates a link (navigation element) in your menu. The sorting within the menu corresponds to the order under Pages > Page structure in the MyWebsite Now website editor.
- Click Content in the menu bar of the MyWebsite Now website editor.
- In the Page Content column, click the Header or Footer section.
- Optional if no navigation menu is displayed: In the Website Details view, hover the mouse pointer over the upper-left corner of the header or footer. Click the Header Options, or Footer Options button that now appears. Make sure that the Navigation option is displayed in the Elements tab. You can recognize this by the eye symbol that is not crossed out.
- Move the mouse pointer over the upper-right corner of the navigation element until the Manage and Style buttons appear.
- Click Style > Number to select the number of navigation elements that you want displayed.