For WordPress Standard (Created in the App Center) on Managed Servers
In the test environment (Stage), you have the possibility to test changes to your WordPress website safely and quickly without affecting your live website. For example, you can detect and solve plugin or theme incompatibilities or problems with updates.
To create a test environment for your website, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to 1&1 IONOS.
- Click the Websites & Stores tile and select the desiredwebsite by clicking Manage Website.
- Click on the Settings row.
- Go to the Stage tab and click Create Stage.
A test environment with a copy of your website will be created.
Edit Your Website in the Test Environment
- From the Stage tab, click Edit Stage.
- Log into WordPress with your access data as usual.
You can now test any changes to this copy of your website without changing the original website.