Regular backups give you the security of being able to add important content back to your homepage in the event of data loss. This article describes how to create a backup of your MyWebsite content.
This article describes features of the Website Editor ordered before 09/06/2017.
For other Editor versions please select Editor version.
The following instructions describe how you can easily backup the contents (texts, images) of your MyWebsite Creator locally on your PC. The contents obtained by the backup cannot be imported directly back into your homepage project.
- Download the free backup software HTTrack from the manufacturer's website. Please note the specified system requirements.
- Install HTTrack on your PC. To complete the installation, select "English" as the language.
- Start HTTrack. The start screen of the software appears. Simply click on Next.
- In the Project name field, enter a project name for the backup that matches your homepage. In Project category field enter a name for the category of the project. Use the button beside Base path to determine where the backup project should be saved. Then continue by clicking on Next .
- On the next page, click on Add URL.
- Now enter the domain (internet address) of your MyWebsite Creator under URL:. Confirm your entry by clicking OK.
- Continue with the configuration by clicking on Next .
- In the next setting step, select Finish. You have now completed the configuration of the backup.
- HTTrack will now automatically start downloading the pages and contents of your MyWebsite Creator. Please note that this may take an hour or longer, depending on the size of your homepage and the speed of your internet connection.
- After HTTrack has completed the backup, you will find the pages and content of your MyWebsite Creator in the project directory specified in step 4on your PC's hard drive. Your page structure will be stored by HTTrack in subfolders to the main directory.