Your Internet projects, whether they are websites or online shops, are clearly displayed in your IONOS under the menu item Websites & Online Stores. In this overview, you can start new projects with your IONOS contracts or manage existing projects.
You can create the following website projects:
- IONOS domain connected with an external service, such as Wix or Facebook
- IONOS domain connected with your IONOS webspace
- Domain with another hosting provider
Starting an IONOS Website Project
- Log in to your IONOS account.
- Click on the Websites & Stores tile. An overview page with your website projects opens.
- Click on the Create new website or store button.
- Select the tile with the desired project type, such as WordPress for a Content Management System (CMS).
- Follow the installation instructions to complete the basic setup.
Please note that some web projects will require you to get another IONOS contract. Order transactions will only be executed with your explicit consent.
Adding External Website Projects
To add an external website project, follow these steps:
- Perform Steps 1 and 2 of the previous section Starting an IONOS Website Project.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the overview page.
- On the Organize All Your Website Projects tile, click the Add Existing Website button.
- Enter the web address of a domain not included in your IONOS contracts and start the process by clicking Add Website.
After a short review, the website will be added to your projects. You can recognize external web projects in the overview by the label Self-managed.
The following add-on features are available for self-managed websites: