The WebDAV protocol allows you to set up a network drive on your Mac to access HiDrive. This article explains how to set it up.
Activation in HiDrive
To enable WebDAV in your HiDrive account:
- Open the HiDrive web app in your browser.
- Select Settings > Access rights and protocols in the menu bar.
- Click on the pencil icon.
- Activate WebDAV.
- Complete your entries with Save.
Setting up in macOS
- Click on the Go tab in the menu bar and select Connect to server.
- Enter https://webdav.hidrive.ionos.com/ as the server address. A new window opens.
- Activate Connect as: Registered User.
- Enter your HiDrive user name and password.
- Enable the Remember this password in my keychain option.
- Complete your entries with Connect. The Finder opens with the newly created network drive.
To disconnect HiDrive, click the eject icon next to the drive name.