In order for your MyWebsite domain to be accessible on the Internet, it must be connected to the desired domain. It is necessary that the domain is in the same contract as the MyWebsite. If you do not yet have a free domain, you can order it easily and conveniently at any time.
If you have already selected a domain when MyWebsiteordering, the domain will automatically be connected to your website.
In the following cases, however, you will need to manually connect your domain to the MyWebsite:
- You have ordered the MyWebsite and the domain separately.
- You have moved the domain into your contract.
- You want to use your MyWebsite with another, free domain that you have registered with 1&1 IONOS.
- You want to use your MyWebsite with an external domain.
Connect an Available Domain with MyWebsite Manually
Simply connect your MyWebsite with a free domain that is in the same contract (preconditions for the use of a domain with 1&1 IONOS products).
- Log in to 1&1 IONOS, click My Products > Websites & Stores and select the desired MyWebsite.
- Click under Domain (Internet address) on the gear symbol > Connect Domain.
- Select the desired domain and click on Save.
The MyWebsite is now connected to the domain. It may take a few minutes for the change to be active system-wide and for your MyWebsite to be accessible via the domain.