You have created a website with Google Sites and want to link it to your domain? Our step-by-step guide shows you how.
- Log in to Google Sites and open your project.
- Go to Settings and click Custom Domains > Start setup.
- Select Use a domain from third party and click Next.
- Enter your domain and click Next.
- Open a new tab in your browser and log in to your IONOS account. Then, in your IONOS account, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Menu > Domains & SSL.
- Click the gear icon next to your domain and select DNS.
- Click Add Record and then click CNAME.
- Enter the following in the Hostname field: www
- In the Points to: field, enter the following: ghs.googlehosted.com.
(including the period at the end).
- Click Save.
- Switch back to your Google Sites project and click Done.
Your Google Sites project is now connected to your domain.