In this article, we will show you how to enable and disable DNSSEC for your domains.
- You use the DNS Pro or Domain Guard feature.
- Your domain extension is compatible with DNSSEC.
- Your domain uses the IONOS standard name servers.
- Secondary DNS must not be activated.
Edit DNS Settings
The function described in this article can be found in the DNS settings in your IONOS account.
Log In Now and Open DNS SettingsOpen DNS Settings Now
It may take several hours before this change takes effect worldwide.
As part of the activation of DNSSEC, we have made the following changes to the DNS zone:
- The zone was signed
- The public signature key has been stored
- A corresponding DS record (Delegation Signer Resource Record) was added.
The following step-by-step instructions show you how to use the different functions of Domain Guard or provide additional information: