Downloading Entire Mailboxes, Folders, and Individual Emails
In Email Archiving, you can perform three different downloads. You can:
- Download the entire archived mailbox
- Download one or more subfolders, or
- Download a single, archived email.
The downloads are offered in two formats: If you choose the .eml format, the download can be accessed with all common email programs. The .pst format is specially designed for use with Microsoft Outlook.
Here you can learn how to perform the downloads.
Downloading an Entire Mailbox
If you want to download your entire archived mailbox, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Email Archive.
- Select the mailbox you want to download. Of course, you can search for a specific mailbox beforehand.
- Click on Download.
- Select whether the download should be provided as EML or PST.
- To download the entire mailbox, select the Folder Name option. This selection causes all subfolders to be included in the download.
How to Start the Download:
- Click Generate Download. The file will now be created.
- On the Home screen, click System Status > Downloads on the left.
- Select the appropriate file and click Download.
That's it! You will receive an email notification when the download has been made available. Your archive will be saved in the .zip file format.
The procedure is almost identical to the one described above - only Step 5 is different:
Do not select the folder Foldername in the corresponding selection window.
Instead, select the folder or folders you want to include in the download.
Click on Generate download to start the creation of the download files. Then proceed exactly as described above to download the file.
Downloading a Single Email
To download a single email, follow these steps:
- View the email in the email preview. Alternatively, you can search for a specific email.
- Click Download in the email preview.
The file will now be created. As described above, you will find it under System Status > Downloads.
You can find more tips, settings, and other useful information about Email Archiving in the Email Archiving Product Guide.