Restore a Single Email or an Entire Mailbox
You can basically choose between two options to restore emails. You can:
- Restore a single email in a targeted manner, or
- Restore an entire archived mailbox.
You can always decide whether the recovery should be:
- In the original folder
- To another folder, or
- Into a newly created folder
In this article, we'll show you an overview of all of the options and possibilities.
Restoring a Single Email
- View the email in the email preview. Alternatively, you can search for specific emails.
- Click Restore in the email preview.
- Now select whether you want to restore the email to the original folder, to another folder, or to a new folder.
- Now click on Start recovery.
The process will now be started. You can check the status of the restoration under System Status > Restores.
When the recovery is complete, the message will be available in the appropriate folder.
Restoring an Entire Mailbox
- In the mailbox list, select the mailbox you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
- Select the time period from which the emails are to be restored or select if all emails should be restored.
- Choose whether to restore to the original folder, to an existing folder, or to a new folder.
- Click Start Recovery.
You can check the status under System Status > Restores. When the process is complete, the emails will be available in your mailbox.