Restore a Single Email or an Entire Mailbox
You can basically choose between two options to restore emails. You can:
You can always decide whether the recovery should be:
- In the original folder
- To another folder, or
- Into a newly created folder
In this article, we'll show you an overview of all of the options and possibilities.
Restoring a Single Email
- View the email in the email preview. Alternatively, you can search for specific emails.
- Click Restore in the email preview.
- Now select whether you want to restore the email to the original folder, to another folder, or to a new folder.
- Now click on Start recovery.
The process will now be started. You can check the status of the restoration under System Status > Restores.
When the recovery is complete, the message will be available in the appropriate folder.
Restoring an Entire Mailbox
- In the mailbox list, select the mailbox you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
- Select the time period from which the emails are to be restored or select if all emails should be restored.
- Choose whether to restore to the original folder, to an existing folder, or to a new folder.
- Click Start Recovery.
You can check the status under System Status > Restores. When the process is complete, the emails will be available in your mailbox.
You can find more tips, settings, and other useful information about Email Archiving in the Email Archiving Product Guide.