In this article, we will show you how to create email addresses usng your personal domains. Send and receive emails under your own domain. Use any email program, your smartphone, tablet or in IONOS WebMail.
Your package must contain at least one fully configured domain. For more information on this topic, see Requirements for using a domain with IONOS products.
- Log in to IONOS and go to the Email & Office panel.
Optional: Select the desired contract.
Click on Create email address and select the desired IONOS mail product, such as Mail Basic.
Please note: If your contract no longer contains a free (= not used) mailbox of the desired type, you will find the button Order here. This will take you to the order page. There you will be informed about the further order conditions and can complete the order. You can then proceed directly to setting up your email address.
Fill in the input fields:
- In the Email field, enter the desired name of the email address (the part that should appear before the @ sign) and select a domain.
- Enter the desired password and repeat it in the next input field.
Optional: If you also want to forward the emails to another, existing email address, click Add forwarding TARGET. Enter the email address you want to use as the forwarding destination.
Optional: Select your security settings. To do this, activate the respective check box.
- Anti-SPAM: Free SPAM protection for your mailbox
- IONOS Premium virus protection: Virus protection can be ordered as an option for certain contracts. If you activate the check box, you will be redirected to the product page of the IONOS Shop. There you will find further information on the scope of services and costs.
Click on Save.
Your mailbox will now be set up and connected to the selected email address. This may take a few minutes.