For Linux Web Hosting packages
To minimize the risk of data loss, we automatically create a daily backup of your data for you. If you accidentally delete or overwrite files in your webspace, you can restore them in up to 6 days.
Please check the available storage space of your webspace before starting. This is necessary since the recovered files occupy their own additional space while they are stored in a separate directory.
- Log in to 1&1 IONOS.
- Click on the Hosting tile and select the desired package if necessary.
- In the top-right corner of the Webspace tile, click the Gear icon and select File Recovery.
- You will see an overview of your available backups. Choose the desired restore point and click Select.
- Select the desired file(s)/folder(s) and click Add. Once you are ready to continue, click Recover All.
- You will see a prompt about the recovery process. Confirm with OK.
Extended Website Backup Service
Do you need more back up and restore options for your websites?
We recommend the extensive website backup service of our partner CodeGuard, which you can adapt flexibly to your needs.
Daily (Automatic) or On-Demand (Manual) backups of your files, databases, and complete websites
Backups available for 30 Days, 60 Days, or Forever
You will receive a warning as soon as the contents of your page have been changed.
Available two-factor authentication (2FA) and IP address logging security features