The password for your database is assigned during setup and cannot be displayed afterwards. However, you can set a new password at any time through your IONOS account. The other database parameters - host name, port number and user name - will remain the same. In this article, we'll show you how to do it.
- Log in to IONOS.
Click on the Hosting icon.
- If you have more than one hosting contract, select the contract in which you want to perform the desired action.
- Cick the Manage button in the Databases tile. A list of your MySQL databases will be displayed.
- Click on the gear symbol in the row with the desired database. A context menu opens.
- Select Change Password and enter a new password.
- Complete your entry with Save.
- Please note that processing the password change may take a few moments.
- Replace the password where it is used in connected applications and, if necessary, in the PHP code of your website.