You can cancel your IONOS contracts right in your account with just a few clicks. We'll show you how below.
Requesting a Cancellation
To cancel a contract, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your IONOS account with this link to go right to the My Account section of your Control Panel.
- Under Contracts and Subscriptions, click Display.
- In the Name column, click on the contract you want to cancel.
- Under Cancellation, click Show cancellation options.
- In the Update auto-renewal setting tile, click Next.
- Click Change automatic renewal settings.
- Select the reason for your cancellation and click Continue to turn off automatic renewal.
- Optional: Depending on the items included in your contract (domains or options), you may need to select specific cancellation details - such as cancellation date or cancellation type. Click Next.
- The Important information regarding turning off automatic renewal page appears. To proceed with the cancellation, check the box labeled I am aware of the effects of the deactivation of automatic renewal and click Turn off automatic renewal now. The cancellation details with your process number will then be displayed, and the cancellation process is now complete.
If your contract cancellation becomes effective and there are no other contracts under your Customer ID, you will no longer have access to your IONOS account.
If you are a personal customer (the account does not have a business name in its details), please take note of the fact that we can no longer send personal customer invoices as email attachments since 08/01/2022 for data protection reasons. Accordingly, please remember to download your IONOS invoices from your account before the cancellation takes effect, if necessary.
Cancellations Needing Confirmation
Your security is very important to us. For this reason, it is possible that under certain conditions your cancellation must be confirmed by telephone. You can enter your callback number directly in the cancellation dialog or contact IONOS Customer Service yourself.
Please note that your cancellation request must be confirmed within 14 days. Otherwise, the contractual relationship will continue.
In case you didn’t find the answer you were looking for, we’d be happy to assist you.