Disclaimer: The information provided by IONOS Inc on this website is offered only as a general information service to the public. Because each issue or situation is different and unique, each person should seek their own legal advice for that particular situation from competent legal counsel.
If you think IONOS or one of its customers is violating your rights, please send proper notice to IONOS as outlined below.
Such notice must contain the following elements:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a trademark that is infringed.
2. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit IONOS to locate the material.
3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit IONOS to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
4. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
5. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is infringed.
Although the information listed above is very similar to that used for a DMCA notice, please note that the DMCA does not apply to trademark infringement, and the notice and takedown provisions of the DMCA do not apply. IONOS will generally not shut down a site based on the mere allegation of infringement.