For Microsoft 365 accounts with access to the Microsoft 365 admin center
This article describes how to migrate emails from IONOS Mail Basic and IONOS Mail Business accounts to Microsoft 365.
- Log in to your Microsoft 365 administrator account at office.com.
- Enter https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/EmailMigration/Source into your browser.
- Under Select your data service, click Other email sources.
- For the IMAP server name, enter imap.ionos.com for Mail Basic or Mail Business accounts, or exchange.ionos.us for Microsoft Exchange 2013 accounts.
- Enter 993 for the Port and select SSL for the Security.
- Enter the Email address and password of the account you would like to migrate to your Microsoft 365 account.
- Click Save.
- You will then be presented with an overview of accounts that you can migrate. Check the box next to the account or accounts you wish to import, and then click on the source email field and enter the name of the email account that you are migrating from. This field is not always clearly visible, so you may have to lower your zoom to 90% in order for it to display properly. In the password field, enter the password of the account that you are migrating from.
- Click the Start migration button at the top of the list.
The connection will be tested and the email migration will begin. You can check the Status column for information about the progress of each account being migrated. When the process is complete, the Status will read “Synced.” You can then click on Close Connection.