Sending newsletters is regarded as a reasonably priced and effective advertising medium to reach customers and subscribers. When creating and sending a newsletter, you have to meet certain conditions in order not to violate applicable law or annoy the recipient.
Please consider the following when sending newsletters:
- Double-Opt-In: Send only to recipients who have previously registered and then expressly confirmed that they want to receive emails. See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opt-in_email
- Text format: Always add an introductory part in plain text format to HTML format emails. This ensures that all recipients can read your emails.
- Notice of registration and ability to unsubscribe: In each of your emails, include a note indicating which page the recipient has used to register.
Here is an example:
"You receive this newsletter because you have registered on our Internet pages www.ionos-help.co.uk. If you no longer wish to receive messages from us, please click here (link)."
- One-click unsubscribe: Include a link in each email that allows the recipient to unsubscribe with a single click.
Important: The unsubscribe link should already contain the address to which you sent your newsletter. Other unsubscribe procedures that require you to enter your email address often fail in practice.
- Check your address details: Please make sure an existing email address is entered in the"FROM" or"RETURN-PATH" fields when sending your newsletter. This ensures you receive undeliverable notices if one of the recipient addresses no longer exists.
- Evaluate the undeliverable notices: Remove any address for which you receive an automatic undeliverable notice from your address list. Depending on the volume of your address list, you can use software for email address validation and administration.
Tip: Manage, design and send newsletters easily via our E-Mail Marketing solution.
Did this article help you?
Your feedback helps us to further improve our services. To leave feedback, log in to your IONOS account by clicking on the login button at the top right. You can then submit a rating below the article.