A secure password is especially important for the protection of your IONOS account and your personal data. In addition, your files, emails and other content is optimally secured when you use a strong password.
With the following recommendations and tips you will be creating a secure password and protecting your data from unauthorized access:
- Use many special characters such as % or &
- Use a separate password for each account
- Use a password you cannot find in a dictionary
- Do not use personal information such as birthdays, names, etc.
- Do not give your password to third parties
- Combine different character types such as letters, numbers and special characters
A secure password contains:
- At least 8 characters
- Upper and lower case letters: a-z, A-Z
- Numbers: 0-9
- Special characters