Besides a system-side integration with a protocol, e.g. WebDAV, you can also synchronize HiDrive directories with your Windows PC or Apple Mac via the HiDrive app. This article shows you how to do this.
Setting Up Synchronization
This step-by-step guide was created using the HiDrive app for Windows (app version 2.0.0 and higher). Other versions may differ.
- Open the Windows Explorer.
- Make sure that the Windows Explorer navigation pane is displayed. It is activated in the top menu bar under View > Navigation Pane.
- In the navigation column, right-click IONOS HiDrive > HiDrive settings. The HiDrive app opens.
- If required, change the storage location of your HiDrive data at the top-most position in the HiDrive app.
- Navigate to the Synchronization data group.
- Activate Synchronization of shared folders if you want team folders to be available on your Windows PC. See the article Sharing folders in HiDrive for details on this topic.
- Click the Selective synchronization > Activate button to select specific folders that HiDrive should synchronize with your Windows PC.
Alternative Synchronization Options
In addition to the integration directly via the HiDrive app, you can use the following protocols:
- Connect via CIFS/SMB (network drive) under Windows, Mac-OS, Linux (Ubuntu) or AVM FRITZ!Box.
- Connect via rsync
- Connect via WebDAV (Windows 10)
- Connect via WebDAV (Apple Mac)
Please note that some protocols are only available in certain HiDrive contracts. You can learn how to add missing protocols in this article.
Did this article help you?
Your feedback helps us to further improve our services. To leave feedback, log in to your IONOS account by clicking on the login button at the top right. You can then submit a rating below the article.