For IONOS Hosting packages
Learn how to change an FTP user's password, their home directory, or a personal note associated with the account:
- Log in to IONOS and select Hosting from the My Products drop-down menu.
- In the SFTP & SSH tile, click Manage.
- Click on the user name of the FTP account.
- You will now see the available settings. To edit a setting, simply click on it. Then make the required changes and save them by clicking Save.
- The current FTP password is not shown for your security. If you have forgotten your password, simply enter a new one.
- The server name, port and protocol cannot be changed.
- Your primary FTP account is always displayed at the top of the list. This account has access to your entire webspace and cannot be deleted or reassigned to a specific directory or subdirectory.