For Linux and Windows Web Hosting packages
Learn how to view code examples for connecting to your MySQL database. This code already contains most of the access data - all you need to do is enter your database password and you are ready to go.
- Log in to 1&1 IONOS and select Hosting.
- Click Manage in the MySQL Database section.
- From the Actions menu, click Sample Code (PHP).
- Click on the tabs to view PHP code examples for the MySQL extensions MySQL, MySQLi and PDO.
- Copy and paste the code into your PHP script.
- Enter your database password where indicated in the code.
- Now you can upload the script to your web space and test it.
- For security reasons, the database server can only be reached from servers in the 1&1 IONOS network. This means that the connection will not work if you run it on your local PC.
- If you no longer know your MySQL password, you can Set a New MySQL Database Password.