You can switch your current contract (package) to another one right in the IONOS Shop, no matter whether you need to add more webspace or features for your websites (upgrade) or if you want to change to a smaller, more suitable option (downgrade).
How to cancel a contract is explained in the article Cancelling an IONOS Contract.
- The target package must be part of the current product portfolio.
- The change must take place within the same product category. For example, you can switch from one web hosting package to another web hosting package. A change between a web hosting package and a MyWebsite Creator package is not possible for technical reasons.
You can view your package change options on the Overview page of your contract. You can get there by following these steps:
- Log in to and go to the Contracts & Subscriptions page.
- In the Name column, click on the contract you want to change. All of the contracts will have "CONTRACT" written by the name. You will then be taken to the Contract Information and Options page for your contract.
Please note: A package change can only be made for contracts, not for additional features (add-ons to your contract) or additional domains, which are also listed on the Contracts & Subscriptions page.
- In the Contract Change tile, click Display Contract Change Options. You will now be redirected to the IONOS Shop page.
- Click Show to reveal your package change options, and click the Continue button next to the desired package.
After your package change, you will receive all of the important information about your new contract by email.
In case, you didn’t find the answer you were looking for, we’d be happy to assist you.