Data from other cloud storage and backup platforms such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive can be transferred to IONOS HiDrive easily. In this article, we'll show you how to do it.
- The software of the respective cloud storage or backup service is already installed.
- The HiDrive app is installed.
Direct Data Exchange Between Cloud Storage Platforms
Please note that your data cannot be moved directly between the cloud storage you use, e.g. from Dropbox, to HiDrive. Sharing can only be done using the local storage location on the device you are using, such as your Windows PC.
If the local storage is not sufficient for this purpose, use the selective syncing of the cloud storage, which will download folders one at a time. Copy these folders to HiDrive as described below and then delete the local version in the original cloud storage to avoid redundant use of space. Repeat this process until you have transferred all of the data.
- Open the Dropbox desktop app.
- In the top menu bar, click the circle icon with your profile photo or the first letter of your username.
- Click Settings > Tab: Sync. The current location of the Dropbox files on your computer will be displayed.
- Copy the files from this location to the HiDrive folder on your computer.
For the location of HiDrive, see the article Syncing HiDrive folders with the Windows or Mac app.
Please note that you must be signed in to the Google Drive app with your Google account to access your data.
Open Windows Explorer (Mac: Finder). Data from your Google Drive will be mounted as a separate drive under the name Google Drive. Copy all of the files and paste them under IONOS HiDrive.
Existing shares or restrictions from the previously used applications (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive) are not transferred and must be set up again in HiDrive.