An email account can always be added to the email archive during creation or at any time afterwards. In this article, you'll learn how to enable archiving for an existing email account.
To automatically add a new email address to your email archiving, simply click on the appropriate checkbox during email creation.
To add an email address to the email archiving process, follow these steps:
- Log in to IONOS and click on the Email product tile.
- Select the contract that contains the email account that you want to add to the Email Archiving.
- Select the email address that you want to add to the email archiving.
- Click Email Archiving.
- Click on the Send invitation button to send an invitation to this email address, which can be used to activate email archiving.
The activation email with the activation link will now be sent to the above email address. By clicking on the corresponding activation link in the email, the email archiving will be enabled.
- Check the email address to which you sent the activation email.
- Open the activation email and click on the Activate password link/button.
- Now, enter the password for this email address and start archiving with a click on Activate email archiving.
All done! You have successfully enabled email archiving. Archiving now starts automatically for all emails contained in this mailbox.
You can find more tips, settings, and other useful information about Email Archiving in the Email Archiving Product Guide.