Learn how to change the PHP version for a server with Plesk. This tutorial includes instructions on how to find the PHP version your Plesk server is using, change to a different PHP version, and install a different PHP version if necessary.
Learn how to add and manage domains as virtual hosts on a Cloud Server with Plesk. Virtual hosts allow you to host multiple separate websites on the same server, with a separate set of directories for each website.
For any Cloud Server with Plesk, administrative functions like adding a virtual host should always be done using the Plesk interface.
- A Cloud Server with Plesk Onyx (any operating system)
This tutorial uses the Power User view. You can change the Plesk view by clicking Change View at the bottom of the column on the left.
Free Cloud Server Trial from IONOS
Try out a Cloud Server for free now - test your IONOS Cloud Server for 30 days!
Fill out the details for the domain.
- Enter the domain name in the Domain name field.
- For a new website, leave Location of the website's files at the default "Create a new webspace." If you wish to point this domain name to an existing website, choose the existing website from the drop-down menu.
- Select the IP address for the website.
Register a domain name
Build your brand on a great domain, including SSL and a personal consultant!
In this section, you can change the following settings:
- Domain name
- Hosting type
- Website status (to disable or suspend the domain)
- Document root, where the website's files are located
- Whether www.example.com or example.com is the preferred URL.
- SSL options
- Web scripting options (for PHP, CGI, etc.)