Purchase at the right price
Why pay more?
Benefits of a cheap domain name
The cheapest domains currently in our portfolio
Factors that determine a domain's retail price
Added features of a domain
Availability of the domain name
Supply and demand
Couldn't find what you were looking for?
Cheap domain names
Although we typically offer domains at a very competitive price, it is of course completely safe to use them. You do not have to compromise on the security of your project in order to benefit from our cheap domain names. Once you have registered your domain, it is yours as long as you renew the contract and don't violate any local laws.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don't try to register a domain name that is highly likely to violate the trademark or brand rights of someone else.
- Register yourself as the owner of the domain name – of course, you can use private domain registration if you like.
- Check our guidelines for renewing your contract every now and then.
Additionally, there are a few ways to improve the security of the visitors coming to your website. An SSL wildcard certificate comes with every domain. If you would like to know more about our SSL certificates, check out our product specs. Shortly, we will be introducing the Domain Guard in order for you to be able to protect yourself from DNS hijacking.
Finding a cheap domain is simple. We offer you a wide range of different extensions. Here you can find the full overview of domain prices. Checking if your favorite name is still available just takes a couple of steps.
- Insert your domain name with the low priced domain extension of your choice into the domain checker at the top of the site and then hit the "check" button.
- Seconds later, you will find out if your desired domain name is still available in combination with the cheap domain extension or if someone else was faster and has already registered the domain name. In this particular case, IONOS offers you additional popular extensions at low costs.
The term premium domain refers to all domains which are already registered by another person or company who might currently not be interested in selling it. These domain names are usually short, generic and thus easy to remember.
Because of these characteristics, owners of such a premium domain will not sell them cheaply and can expect to make a lot of money when reselling them. Usually, premium domains are auctioned through marketplaces, like sedo.com and not very cheap to get your hands on.
At IONOS, we always strive to offer our products at competitive price levels - for all customers. However, due to the sheer size of our product portfolio, we cannot guarantee to have the best price available for all products, all the time. Instead, we focus on a selected range of domain extensions which are frequently sought after by our customers, such as a .com, and provide those domain names to you using a very aggressive price point.
There are a couple of things you should keep in mind if you are interested in purchasing a cheap domain name. Please compare the offers along the following dimensions:
- 1st year price,
- multiyear-registration options and discounts,
- opportunities for bundles,
- additional services available to you, and eventually
- the renewal rate (price as of the second year)
in order to get the best deal possible. Usually, a cheap domain name renewal price for the 2nd year is higher than the welcome offers you can get for the initial registration in the first year.
We are here – drop us a line if you have any questions or concerns.