Emails these days are quick to send – much quicker, indeed, than ordinary letters. Almost everyone has one or more email addresses, and the chances are pretty good that one is with Google: Gmail is one of the most popular and most used email services. But there are plenty of Gmail alternatives that stand out by offering you better protection for your personal data. We explain here what these email...
To share an email conversation with others you’ve got two options: you can forward an email in Gmail or you can attach an email to another one in Gmail. Find out how to use Gmail to attach an email in this step-by-step guide.
$1 Domain Names
Register great TLDs for less than $1 for the first year.
Why wait? Grab your favorite domain name today!
Quick tutorial: attach email in Gmail
- Option 1: Right-click on the mail to be attached to open the context menu and select “Forward as attachment”. A new email draft will open in Gmail with the selected email attached.
- Option 2: Compose a new email and drag the message to be attached into a new email window. To do this, click on the email to be forwarded and hold down the mouse button while dragging the email into the new email window. Release the mouse button.
Want everything to be in one place for optimal and secure networking? Use Google Workspace with your IONOS domain!
Attach an email in Gmail via the menu
- If you want to attach several messages to a single email, you must first select all the desired messages from the Gmail overview. To do this, tick the checkboxes to the left of the subject. If you only want to send one email as an attachment, this step is not necessary.
- Right-click on your selection or the email you want to attach. This will launch the context menu.
- Select “Forward as attachment”.
- A new email draft will open, in which the message(s) is/are attached.
- Finally, formulate the accompanying message and send the email including attached mail(s) to one or more recipients.
How to write and send an email as an attachment in Gmail
- Launch a new email window.
- From your Gmail (formerly Googlemail) mailbox, drag the email you wish to attach to the new email window. To do this, simply click on the message and hold down the mouse button. Move the mail into the new email and release the mouse.
- To attach multiple emails, select all the desired messages clicking their checkboxes in the inbox (see step 1) before dragging them to the new email window.
- The selected email(s) will now be added as attachments.
- All that’s left to do is to type your new email and add one or more recipients. Hit “Send” whenever you’re ready.
Professional Email Address & Personal Domain Name
Get an email address as professional and unique as you are including a free matching domain!
Answer an attached email
Replying to an attached email is just as easy as attaching one. To do this, double-click on the attachment to open the message. This launches a new window containing all of the usual Gmail functions.
Speaking of familiar functions: Find out how to set up an out-of-office note in Gmail and a read receipt, how the Gmail archive works and how to delete your Gmail account in our dedicated guides on these topics.