Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, or good old Internet Explorer? The debate about which web browser is number one has been going on for years among the internet community. But what is a browser exactly? And is there one in particular that can trump the competition and truly be the best browser?
An important feature of modern web applications are interactive elements – from dialog windows and pop-up menus to auto-complete functions. The more interactive a page is, the more intensively it can communicate with the web server to provide the user with the maximum amount of custom content. This way, users can easily browse through the website without having to reload the current page every time a new action is performed.
- Dialog windows (sometimes multiple appearing consecutively) that only disappear after an action by the user
- Hidden codes that close the browser or change the size of the window when executed
- Tracking codes that collect data about visitors and their behavior and can recognize them with each new visit (Google Analytics, Piwik, etc.)
- Scripts that conceal links to unsecure sites (e.g. in the form of normal buttons) and redirect the user against their will
Click the “Advanced” button to expand the initially hidden options, which include the “Privacy and security” section. Click on the “Content settings” entry:
Go to the “Security” tab and select “Internet” as the zone to be edited, then click on the “Custom level” button:
Most versions of Internet Explorer are no longer updated by Microsoft since January 12, 2016. Only Internet Explorer 11 still receives support from the American company in the form of small security updates. To avoid unnecessarily endangering the security of your browser and data, you should consider switching to its successor Edge or to another browser.
- Use the search function and enter the search term “Group Policy”.
- Start the suggested editor for group policy management by double-clicking.
- Select the “Administrative Templates” section, then click on “Windows Components”.
- Search for the Microsoft Edge folder and open it.
- Select “Enable” and confirm by clicking “OK”.