Is your website fully optimized?
What is the Website Checker?
The Website Checker analyzes your website to see how well equipped it is for success online, and gives you tips on how you can improve it.
You can implement many of these tips immediately yourself, and IONOS offers additional products to help you take advantage of the full range of advice.
What does the tool test?
The Website Checker reviews four aspects of your website that are important for your online success:
- Website presentation
- Accessibility via search engines
- Website security
- Website speed
How does the tool work?
The Website Checker visits the specified internet address as if it was a visitor to your site or a search engine.
The tool then analyzes the source code of your site. Please note, however, that customer data is not used for analysis at any time.
Which aspects of my site are reviewed by the Website Checker?
Be present online
- Optimization for mobile devices
- Favicon usage
- Touch icon usage
- Page title presence
- Domain length
Search engine visibility
- Page title
- Page description
- Page content
- Social Media
- Cookie protection
- SSL encryption
- Apache status
- Server version visibility
- CDN activation
- Size of your website
- GZ compression
- 1 domain includedIncluded free domain extensions: .com, .us, .online, .net.Close
- 1 email account with 2 GB
- Spam filter
- Ad-free mail
- 1 domain includedIncluded free domain extensions: .us, .ca, .com, .net, .org, .info, .me, .biz, .online.Close
- 5 email accounts
- Social media & business widgets
- Free domain for 1 yearIncluded free domain extensions: .us, .ca, .com, .net, .org, .info, .me, .biz, .online.Close
- 50 email accounts
- unlimited storage
- unlimited databases
You can review the most important aspects of your website with the free Website Checker. This will provide you with useful, concrete recommendations and suggestions which you can directly use to improve your site. Once you've submitted your websites URL, you will receive a website analysis. It will offer you recommendations, which, depending on the importance of the performance criteria for your site, will be labeled either a necessary action or a recommended action.
In order to give you a comprehensive picture of the complete performance of your website, you will also see results which highlight the criteria that are performing well. As such, the IONOS Website Checker helps you keep an accurate overview of all the aspects of your website that are performing well or in need of improvement.
A regular website analysis from IONOS gives you the opportunity to monitor the impact, positive or negative, of any changes you make to your website over time. Providing you correctly implement the recommendations given by the IONOS Website Checker, you should always achieve a higher score for your website the next time you conduct a check. To ensure your site is always improving, we recommend regularly taking advantage of the free tool.
Today, the internet comprises of more than a billion websites. The competition, especially for free organic traffic to websites, is at an all-time high. Companies, bloggers and website admins who seek to increase the audience of their websites, must meet a growing list of requirements and demands, e.g., from search engines like Google. So if you want to make sure you are on the right track, you might want to consider the following checklist:
- How long does it take for my website to load?
- Is the content of my website displayed correctly on mobile devices?
- Is the level of security for my visitors sufficient, e.g., in terms of encryption via SSL?
- Is my website visible on major search engines like Google?
If you'd like to know more about how submitting URLs to the major search engines works, please check out the following article: Registering a website and submitting URLs to Google.
No. The website checker only provides information on whether your page is visible on search engines like Google. In addition, you'll receive an overview of how your site is displayed in the search results. A more detailed look at how you can improve search engine optimization for your site is available with the IONOS SEO Check.
No. Unfortunately, the website checker does not provide you with free data on a given website's traffic statistics.Unlike other tools, there is also no paid PRO version available that would allow you to run a website traffic test. We know the idea is enticing and we might come up with a solution for you in the near future. However, for now, the best thing we can do is refer you to other tools that will get the job done for you.
So here is a selection of free online website traffic checkers:
similarweb.com gives you a free estimate of a website's traffic with number of total visits, average visit duration, pages per visit and bounce rate on an aggregated level for both, desktop and mobile web traffic.
semrush.com also has a free version of web page traffic stats available. It gives you an overview of organic search traffic, paid search traffic as well as the share of branded vs non-branded searches.
alexa.com used to be another great resource to turn to, but now, the service will only let you see data if you sign up for a free trial period.
No. Unfortunately, this feature is currently not available. Nevertheless, if you want to make sure you do not become the victim of an online scam, you might want to follow a few simple rules:
- Inspect the URL closely. Does it show any signs of manipulation or an altered form of the original website?
- Take a close look at the SSL certificate. Make sure it is a https secured website that can ideally be traced back to an organization or company.
- Does the website indicate it adheres to the guidelines of trust seal providers? Make sure you do not just see images of security seals like Norton, but that these third parties have actually listed the website you want to conduct business with.
We are here – drop us a line if you have any questions or concerns.