Hosted Microsoft Exchange 2019
- The world’s leading email and calendar solution
- Secure hosting from a single source
- Anytime remote access with Microsoft Outlook
Hosted Microsoft Exchange: Here's how it works
Professional communication solutions for a cohesive company
Microsoft Exchange is a popular email and groupware server solution used by companies of all sizes around the world. The software includes powerful collaboration features that help organizations optimize both internal and external collaboration and communication processes.
Microsoft Outlook is also available as client-side software, meaning employees always have full control over emails, appointments and contacts. With Exchange-based Outlook, colleagues can easily see whether you are in a meeting or on vacation — making light work of joint scheduling and project work.
Hosted Exchange combines trusted Microsoft software with reliable email hosting
- Your data is handled with the utmost care and protected in our ultra-modern ISO-certified data centers in the US
- Thanks to our geo-redundant infrastructure, your company’s important data is optimally protected against failure and loss
- Your data is stored in accordance with relevant data protection regulations
Achieve maximum productivity with maximum availability
- No need to set up your own expensive in-house infrastructure
- Monthly subscription means no upfront investments in hardware
- The latest technology and security standards
Technical features at a glance
Microsoft Preferred Architecture
Multiple domain controllers
Professional administrative access
Exchange native data protection
No single point of failure
High availability setup
No traditional backups needed
High density storage servers
Tiered storage mechanism (MCDB)
Faster searches and logins
Premier support from a Microsoft Gold Partner
Always up to date
24/7 platform monitoring
Microsoft Exchange hosting for all your business email needs
Microsoft Exchange 2019
The world’s leading email and calendar solution
50 GB Exchange email account
Microsoft Outlook 2019 & Outlook on the web (OWA)
Real-time data sync on all devices
Team collaboration tools
calendar, contacts and tasks
100 GB shared team folder
Premium virus protection and spam filter
24/7 expert support
Lifetime domain included Your domain is free for the lifetime of your Microsoft Exchange 2019 contract. There's no price increase on renewal. Included domain extensions: .us, .ca, .com, .net, .org, .info, .me, .biz, .online.
What are the added benefits and services that come with an IONOS Exchange Server?
Worry-free administration of MS Exchange
There's no need for you to worry about administration because we manage it for you. While you and your colleagues take care of driving your business forward, we take care of server maintenance and updating. You also benefit from the latest in security technology — all important security updates are taken care of meaning your data is protected against loss or malfunction.
Your connection to the server is simple via Microsoft Outlook. This allows you to access your emails, contacts and appointments from all your devices via apps and the browser anytime, anywhere.
Easy connection of future email accounts
You can easily connect both existing and new email accounts with the Hosted Exchange email server in just a few clicks. Since the IONOS Exchange solution is a flexible and easily scalable product, you can add more email accounts and mailboxes at any time. As your business grows, your hosted Microsoft Exchange environment grows with you.
All you need to do is purchase another license and add it to your existing account. This way, you can ensure in the long run that every new employee receives their own email address and an individual domain.
First-class service backed by our experts
The Exchange technology is developed by Microsoft and is used worldwide — including in the IONOS data centers, which are operated and professionally maintained exclusively by us.
You benefit not only from the world’s most important groupware solution from Microsoft, but also from our leading server technology and the highest standards. All of our high-security data centers guarantee maximum reliability thanks to geo-redundant mirroring of all data at independent locations. And should you have any questions about the server or any difficulties, you can reach us around the clock!
Security and managed updates
With our Microsoft Exchange email hosting, you don’t have to worry about the security of your data. You can benefit from the following security features:
- Security updates and patches
- Automatic SSL/TLS encryption
- Advanced anti-spam and antivirus technology
Accidentally deleted your inbox? We’ve got your back. The Email Recovery Service helps you recover your inbox up to seven days after being deleted.
Easy email migration
Moving your emails from existing accounts to IONOS is free, fast and secure. Our email migration tool works with any provider, and even with emails hosted on your own server. In just a few steps, all folders and emails are copied across, so you can continue working seamlessly.
If you need support during configuration, your personal consultant will be glad to help. You can learn more about this service here.
Hosted Exchange 2019 & Outlook 2019 — new and improved
- Improved security and overall performance
- Streamlined configuration of Outlook once desktop client has been downloaded
- Enhanced search function makes finding what you need easier
- Simplified collaboration with updated calendar time zones and scheduling features
- Upgraded out of office messaging
- Integrated accessibility and text-to-speech features enable emails to be read to you
Hosted Exchange and Outlook
|Inbox & Address Book Management||Appointment Management||Task Management|
|Reminders||Never miss an email or forget a contact: With our large 50 GB mailbox, you'll never miss emails. Set up reminders to deal with important emails later. All your business contacts are managed in one place||Never miss an appointment: Set up reminders with a variety of settings. Reminders are received on all devices.||Never miss a deadline: Set up reminders for your tasks. Reminders are received on all devices. Tasks also visible in Calendar to simplify time management.|
|Efficient management||Organize your emails by importance and topics. Rules help you manage the clutter. A search function also helps with navigating the inbox. The address book provides all the details about contacts at a glance.||Organize your appointment in views such as Daily, Weekly, etc. In addition, a search function facilitates finding appointments.||Organize your tasks in views such as Today, Next 7 days, Recurring, etc. Set up recurring tasks, with full flexibility of settings.|
|Collaboration made easy||Folders are available to help organize your inbox and collaborate. Maintain and share distribution lists to facilitate communication.||With calendar sharing, appointments can be organized in a team quickly and easily. Availability of colleagues can also be checked in advance.||Share your tasks with your colleagues and partners. Request notifications and status messages for progress control.|
|Always up to date||Emails and contacts are automatically synchronized across all devices||Calendar entries and changes are automatically synchronized across all devices||Task entries and changes are automatically synchronized across all devices|
Microsoft Exchange hosting
Technically speaking, Microsoft Exchange is a groupware server that powers email hosting and Microsoft's most popular productivity tool, scheduling assistant and email client, Outlook. Outlook is connected to Exchange, which works as a server application that is hosted on physical servers like those that reside in IONOS's proprietary data centers in the US and Europe.
In the past, email solutions were often configured and managed in-house, but at the cost of time, money and personnel. Nowadays, however, many companies have switched to external services such as Hosted Exchange with IONOS. There are many reasons for outsourcing or exiting the data center:
- You stay flexible by scaling your Exchange resources when needed.
- You save on the expensive maintenance of an in-house email server.
- Your IT department has more time to concentrate on projects of higher importance.
- You save the cost of tedious licensing.
- You receive both the server infrastructure and, thanks to Microsoft Outlook, the software solution for remote working.
Yes — that will be possible in the future. We are currently working on providing our customers with the simplest possible migration functionality. However, the exact date of when this function will be available has yet to be determined. Check back with us for further updates.
If you are already a IONOS customer, you can contact your personal consultant at any time to receive comprehensive advice on migration and upgrade methods.
No, although the Hosted Exchange from IONOS is primarily aimed at companies, there are good reasons to rely on a professional and reputable email solution for home and personal use. Here's why:
- You benefit from an email solution free from advertising.
- With the Microsoft Outlook solution, you get a proven, clear and secure software product designed for emails and scheduling.
- Thanks to the comprehensive spam filter, you are better protected against undesirable emails and dangerous phishing.
- You gain full access to all Outlook features that also make your personal life easier: For example, when you're on vacation you can set up an out of office message or set reminders for important events in your calendar.
- Thanks to countless apps and a separate browser version, you can synchronize your mailboxes and calendars across all your devices in an instant.
Yes! While the benefits of a mobile, flexible and scalable email solution for businesses are obvious, non-commercial use cases may initially seem less obvious. However, here are a couple of common scenarios:
- Microsoft Exchange for education: University email can be easily sorted and managed with Outlook. This makes it easier for you to keep track of your correspondence. Due to Outlook's familiarity with educators, MS Exchange is also a great solution for schools and administrators too.
- MS Exchange for personal use: Applying for a job is done almost exclusively online. A professional email solution makes it easier for you to keep track, and an individual email domain makes a more credible impression on potential employers. You can also read our Digital Guide article with tips on writing business email that leaves a lasting impression.
- Microsoft Exchange for home use: Thanks to a synchronized calendar, families can record and share appointments or to-do lists from any device.
- Exchange for non-profits: Hosted Exchange is also a great product for non-profits, charities, places of worship or other institutions. Exchange is fully scalable — you can add more users at any time — so as your organization grows, Exchange grows with you.
There's plenty more application examples to add to the above list. If you are looking for an alternative emailing solution, you're guaranteed to find a suitable product from IONOS. Do you still require Outlook tools for team collaboration? With our simpler plans, you also have the option of getting your own email address. Or you can opt directly for the complete Microsoft Office 365 package, which is also available from IONOS — both come with expert-level support.
More information about our alternative options and packages can be found here:
With the Microsoft Hosted Exchange by IONOS, you can rely on extremely high security and backup standards and all data is stored georedundantly. This means:
- All data is stored in two independent data centers.
- Your data is always available as exact copies and is replicated from the primary data center to the secondary data center in another location.
- Our emergency power generators, state-of-the-art fire control and strict security ensure maximum protection against failure in every data center we operate.
- Even in the event of natural disasters on site, georedundant storage ensures that you do not lose any data.
Couldn't find what you're looking for?
Your personal consultant
Helpful advice from a single point of contact. Exclusively for you. Experience customer service on a whole new plane. All this and more, free.Learn more
Chat with one of our IONOS experts.