Our domain search tools are simple to use
Domain name search
Please keep in mind that the choice of domain for your website is very important.
Before you check whether your desired domain name is available, make sure you've thought carefully about the right strategy for securing the ideal domain. Your domain:
- Must consist of a minimum of 2–3 characters depending on the exact domain extension, like xy.com or xyz.org.
- Must adhere to a maximum length of 63 characters, but we recommend that you keep it short so it's to remember.
- Can include hyphens to explain in detail what your website is about, like my-flower-shop.com
After using the IONOS by 1&1 domain checker, you will be presented with two options:
- The search result indicates that your desired domain is available. In this case, simply follow the registration process to secure it.
- The domain check tells you that someone already owns the domain you're after.
In this case ➔
- Either refer to the alternative domain extensions suggested by our checker tool and see if those options work for you.
- Or conduct another domain search using different wording for your new website.
Find domain owner
With this tool you can check:
- Who the host of a domain is
- Where a domain is registered
- When a domain expires
- At what point in time it was registered
Domain Checker Tools – FAQ
Couldn't find what you're looking for?
We are here – drop us a line if you have any questions or concerns.